This is one of the less than full price backing tiers for the GWR 4700 ‘Night Owl’ project. By backing now, you contribute directly to the development of the project, to help make it a reality. If you’d really like to see this DLC in Train Simulator, backing it is the best thing to help make that happen. If you can’t afford this tier, other options are available – or if you’re feeling generous and you’re passionate about these locos, you may wish to consider higher tiers that offer more rewards for a higher contribution. We’ve also just fully overhauled the rewards for every single backer level (including for existing backers) so there has never been a better time to back this project!
Group 2 – Tier 3 rewards:
- £12 discount on the finished product when released
- 7 days early access to purchase the finished product
- 3 days early access to download the finished product
- A discount for 12% off for our shop (released locomotive products only) which can be used by you once, and will work with any other sale/discounts available publicly at the time of use
- Be in the backer ‘hall of fame’ here on the website
- 0 backers at this tier so far (manually updated figures 25/01/20) – be the first!
The 4700 Pack will include:
- Prototype No. 4700 with Standard No. 1 Boiler
- All examples (4700-4708) with the Standard No. 7 Boiler
- 3500 gallon and 4000 gallon tender variants
- Clean, Intermediate and Weathered variants of all included liveries
- GWR unlined green (with all logos/crests)
- GWR lined green with 1925 tender insignia (4700 only)
- BR unlined black with early crest
- BR lined black with early crest (4702 only)
- BR lined green with late crest
- Standard and Advanced Driving Modes with extensive realism features, for example:
- Authentic GWR locomotive audio
- Brand new bespoke vacuum braking simulation
- Our most realistic steam simulation scripting
- Train Simulator’s only talking fireman – now available in English! Your fireman will call out the next signal to you. Not only does he talk, but you can also use him to fire for you of course – our advanced firing scripting will handle the shovelling, water, etc while you focus on the line ahead (all optional)
- Engaging and prototypical scenarios based on routes they would have traversed in service such as the Riviera Line in the 50s and the Wycombe & Joint Railway
- Optional names for the locomotives – although never assigned in reality, many names were planned, and you will be able to use them if you wish
Although we are not associated with the project to recreate a living, breathing Night Owl, run by the Great Western Society, we will be charitably donating to their project when our own Night Owls are finished in Train Simulator. Details on this will be finalised close to release of the product. We plan to include 4709 in the pack subject to their agreement, which requires discussion and is therefore not at all confirmed.
For full details please read the project page in full before backing.
Please note that once you have paid to back the project, your order is not refundable. We are committed to delivering what we have promised, and it will come, but the more backing we get the more quickly we can make it happen. If we don’t get at least half of the backing, the project could take another six months to a year or more from now (early 2020). Bear this in mind when making your decision on backing the project. However, if for any reason we become unable to deliver on this project, then you will receive a full refund, but only in that circumstance. We are making slow but steady progress and do not foresee any issues that would prevent the project from being completed, and, indeed, we are extremely excited to be bringing it to you!